Dr Charles Sinkala’s fees are considered by Class:
Traveling out of South Africa obviously requires him to spend a lot of unproductive time traveling. It is for this reason that we have a tiered fees structure to cover this additional time.
Conditions apply to all fees – please scroll to bottom of page for full listing
• Class 1: South Africa
• Class 2: Rest of Africa, South of the Equatorg
• Class 3: Rest of Africa, North of the Equator
• Class 4: United Kingdom
• Class 5: Central Europe
• Class 6: Australia
• Class 7: USA
• Class 8: Rest of the world – On request
CLASS 1: SOUTH AFRICA:
One-Hour Keynote ZA R 15000
Workshop: Half Day – Three hours or less, excluding breaks ZA R 25000
Workshop: Full Day – More than three hours per day ZA R 30000
CLASS 2 – REST OF AFRICA, SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR
One-Hour Keynote ZA R 20000
Workshop: Half Day – Three hours or less, excluding breaks ZA R 30000
Workshop: Full Day – Five to seven hours ZA R 40000
CLASS 3 – REST OF AFRICA, NORTH OF THE EQUATOR
One-Hour Keynote ZA R 25000
Workshop: Half Day – Three hours or less, excluding breaks ZA R 40000
Workshop: Full Day – Five to seven hours ZA R 55000
CLASS 4: UNITED KINGDOM:
From One-Hour Keynote to Half-Day Workshop £ 4 500
Full Day Workshop £ 5 500
CLASS 5: CENTRAL EUROPE:
From One-Hour Keynote to Half-Day Workshop € 4 500
Full Day Workshop € 6 500
CLASS 6: AUSTRALIA:
From 1 hour Keynote to Half-Day Workshop AU $4 500
Full Day Workshop AU $7 000
CLASS 7: USA:
From 1 hour Keynote to Half-Day Workshop US $10 000
Full Day Workshop US $12 500
CLASS 8: REST OF THE WORLD – ON REQUEST
APPLICABLE TO ALL CLASSES, INCLUDING SOUTH AFRICA
• CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING:Bookings are only confirmed upon payment of full fee by electronic bank transfer.
• REIMBURSEMENTS: Agreed-upon reimbursements, including travel, are payable on demand. This may be a considerable time before the event, for instance for the payment of airfares.
• VAT: Fees exclude VAT (or similar taxes for Classes 2-8).
• CANCELLATION: Cancellation terms will apply to all cancellations. Click here for cancellation terms and conditions.
• FOREIGN EXCHANGE RATES:Where applicable, foreign exchange rates will be pegged as at date of invoice.
• COST OF RESOURCES: There may be other exclusions, payable in addition to the agreed fees. This relates to any additional charges for profiling instruments; assessments; workbooks, resources and on-line courses or subscriptions. But you can really relax – there will be no surprises. Any and all exclusions will be expressly stated and agreed before the booking is confirmed.
• RELATIONSHIP: Dr Charles Sinkala trades as an independent contractor, and no employer / employee relationship exists between him and any client.
APPLICABLE ONLY TO CLASS 1: SOUTH AFRICA
• IN ADDITION: All of the terms in the section marked ‘APPLICABLE TO ALL ZONES, INCLUDING SOUTH AFRICA’ apply. In addition, the following:
• TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION:Fees exclude travel (Business class airfare, Class ‘O’ car rental or private transport reimbursement @ R8-50 / km for trips more than one hour from Johannesburg).
• OVERNIGHT SURCHARGE: Fees assume that no sleep-over is necessary. It is advisable to schedule Dr Charles Sinkala’s appearance to allow for departure from, and return to Johannesburg on the same day. Where programme schedule necessitates for Dr Charles Sinkala to a overnight away from Johannesburg, accommodation is for client account. In addition, add 10% of fee for every night of required sleep-over.
• RELATIONSHIP: Dr Charles Sinkala trades as an independent contractor, and no employer / employee relationship exists between him and the client (as defined by the Fourth Schedule of the Income Tax Act).
• BOOKINGS BY THIRD PARTIES – COMMISSIONS: Third party bookings for keynote presentations (including road-shows), in-house presentations and workshops, break-away sessions and retreats, facilitated sessions, team building sessions, and the like, but excluding large-scale projects (commissions on large-scale projects are to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis): Fees listed above exclude all levies, commissions and handling charges payable to event planners; agents, speaker’s bureaus or any other third party. In the event that you book Dr Charles Sinkala via a third party, you are likely to incur an additional expense over and above the fees listed above. You are advised to discuss such additional costs direct with the third party placing your booking. While Dr Charles Sinkala places no limit on the amount of commission that a third party can levy on his fees, the market ranges between 10% and 30% on the basic fee, with 20% being the norm (there is no commission on travel costs or reimbursements). Regardless of the commission rate, Dr Charles Sinkala will only confirm third party bookings upon receipt of a copy of the written communication from the third party to the client, wherein full disclose is made to the client regarding all fee calculations.
• THIRD PARTY COMMISSIONS WILL ALWAYS BE HONOURED: Dr Charles Sinkala will not accept direct bookings from a client where such client was referred to him on the advice of a third party, and where the client then subsequently attempts to avoid the payment of the commission (due to the third party) by placing a direct booking with Dr Charles Sinkala as opposed to making the booking via such third party.
• BELATED THIRD PARTY COMMISSIONS: Where Dr Charles Sinkala accepts a booking directly from a client without knowing that the contact was initiated by a third party, and where it then later becomes apparent that a booking was as a result of a referral by a third party, then Dr Charles Sinkala will advise the third party in writing – where after the third party will then be entitled to bill the client direct for 20% commission on Dr Charles Sinkala’s basic fee.
• THIRD PARTY COMMISSIONS ON FUTURE BOOKINGS: Where Andrew is booked for any subsequent event as a consequence of his appearance at an event where he was booked as a result of a third party introduction, commissions will also be due to the third party on all future bookings, to be paid by the client in addition to Dr Charles Sinkala’s fee. Where such future bookings are handled by the third party, the commission rate is to be agreed upon between the client and the third party. Where such future bookings are handled directly by Dr Charles Sinkala, commissions will be calculated at a flat rate of 10% on all fees, to be paid by the client in addition to Dr Charles Sinkala’s fee.
APPLICABLE TO ALL CLASSES EXCEPT CLASS 1: SOUTH AFRICA
• IN ADDITION: All of the terms in the section marked ‘APPLICABLE TO ALL CLASSES, INCLUDING SOUTH AFRICA’ apply. In addition, the following:
• INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION: All travel and travel-related costs, like visas; business class airfare; first class train travel; car rental; ground transfers, shipping of materials and excess baggage for equipment. Fees also exclude accommodation (at least 4-star). All of this will however be quantified and agreed upon before your booking is confirmed.
• RELATIONSHIP, TAXES & LEVIES: Contractual relationship relating to enterprises outside of South Africa: Dr Charles Sinkala is a South African based sole proprietor. Fees exclude any and all taxes and/or levies that may be due in any country outside of South Africa – regardless of whether the client is obliged to deduct any withholding taxes / levies or whether Dr Charles Sinkala will himself be obliged to make such payment. Where any client makes any deductions from Dr Charles Sinkala’s fees, bookings will only be confirmed upon (1) payment of the balance of the fee, and (2) having issued Dr Charles Sinkala with the relevant official tax certificate confirming both the deduction, and the subsequent payment of the monies to the relevant body.